Take rest with North Country Storage Barns, because they are pleased to offer you Certified Modular Log Homes and Recreational Log Cabins that are affordable. These cabins are pre-assembled and are not built from kits. Each modular home is designed and constructed by Amish craftsman in Lancaster, PA to meet local and or exceed residential codes in the eight states we service. The construction is superior and the options are endless. Cabins can be designed to the layout of your choosing, from a simple camp or cottage up to a four bedroom home that will leave you're feeling like your living in a dream house. Finished interiors with knotty pine walls and different flooring choices will also leave you breathless when you first walk in. The kitchen and bath cabinets and counters are full of function ability, so you will feel right at home making dinner for the family and guests. Window options such as the Vista Glass package on the Mountaineer will give you a panoramic view and an immense amount of natural lighting.
We offer you the Settler, Mountaineer, Frontier, Adirondack, Pioneer, Cape Cod, and the Musketeer. Take a look at the web site or our full color catalog to see what style, size, and options are right for you.
Once you have made your decision from the eight cabin styles that are available and your customization is set, we go to work for you. When you speak with our friendly knowledgeable staff, drawings and documents are then drawn up based on the options and style of your choosing. Once accepted by your local state and town / village authority. Your home is then constructed from scratch as if it was a stick built home out of 2" x 6" walls and insulation. They are constructed to the values set by the area we are delivering to. At the same time, we can prepare your crawl space or full basement. Contact us for pricing.
Full set up is performed by experienced staff at North Country Storage Barns. Occasionally we will contract a local crane operator to set your new home. Our staff will finish the inside and outside and all you have to do is bring in your personal belongings and enjoy life.
We have a display model located at each of our stores in Lowville, Sandy Creek, and Philadelphia. See the contact page for hours of operation at the location of your choosing. Certified Modular Homes can be constructed, delivered, and set up by our staff to the great states of Maryland, New Jersey, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Vermont, and West Virginia.
A log sided Certified Modular Home is the way to go. Feel free to look around and do your research. When you see what we have to offer, we know we will be setting up your new home about two - three months later. We offer affordable excellence. That policy has kept us going since 1993.
* NYS Certified modular homes
* Set up and ready within a day
* Hand crafted in eight to twelve weeks
* Made in the USA
* Eight styles to pick from
* Floor plans are fully customizable
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing.
Custom layouts welcomed and made within a short amount of time.
Homes packages include the following: (Exterior shells are available also)
* Floors constructed of 2” x 10” joists spaced at 16” on center
* Walls are constructed of 2” x 6” studs and spaces at 16” on center
* Roofs on the Settler, Frontier, and Pioneer models up to 22’ wide are constructed of factory-cut rafters spaced at 16” on center
* Roofs on homes that are over 22’ wide along with the Adirondack and Cape Cod models are constructed of trusses spaced at 24” on center
* Porch decking boards are constructed of 1” pressure treated material
* Exterior log siding is white pine 2” x 6” tongue and groove and has two coats of water sealer applied to the surface
* Roofing shingles are GAF lifetime architectural
* Windows are Jeld-wen insulted single hung (top sash fixed)
Insulation: (subject to roof system and location)
* Floor insulation R-30 fiberglass
* Wall insulation R-21 fiberglass
* Ceiling insulation R-38 fiberglass (or higher dependant on your local code)
* Yellow pine tongue and groove solid wooden floors with durable clear coat finish
* Walls and ceilings are finished in 3/4” tongue and groove knotty pine boards with a two coat clear coat finish
* Knotty pine solid wooden interior doors
* Closet shelving installed
* Solid pine cabinets with full extensions, soft close drawers (lazy susans are standard in angled corner cabinets)
* Wilsonart laminated counter tops
* Double bowl stainless steel sink with faucet
* Range hood (black)
* Counter receptacles (GFCI protected)
* Range electrical consists of one 220v and one 120v receptacle, to operate an electric range or controls for a gas model
* All plumbing fixtures (Moen) are installed and directed by floor plan, including faucets and shower heads
* 30 gallon (Rheem) water heater
* Exhaust fan / light combination in the ceiling, light over the sink, and a GFCI outlet at the sink
* Mirror at the sink, plus accents as a toilet paper holder, hand towel rack, and clothing hook on the back side of the door
* Ceiling fans installed in each bedroom and great room
* Outside light on porch and each at each exterior entry door
* Exterior receptacles on the front and back side of the home (2 total)
* Tamper-resistant receptacles spaced in each room (less than 12’ apart)
* Smoke / Carbon Dioxide alarm in the living area and a smoke alarm in each bedroom (hard wired together)
* 100 amp panel box with breakers installed (conduits thru the floor for service connection & more circuits later)
* Every cabin comes with stamped (certified) NY State engineered plans
Pricing does not include site prep, foundation, well, septic, appliances, or a heat source.
Contact us for more pricing.
Set up on select models is an additional fee.View the Photo Gallery