North Country Storage Barns provides a limited warranty for materials and workmanship on the products which it sells. The start for this limited warranty is the date of purchase or completion of installation, whichever is later.
1. This limited warranty shall extend for a period of one (1) year and shall warrant the workmanship and materials of the product purchased.
2. This limited warranty is limited to replacement of defective materials and correction of defective workmanship. It shall not include any incidental or consequential damages.
3. This limited warranty is in addition to any other manufacturers’ warranties as to component parts which shall be passed along to the purchaser.
4. This limited warranty is not transferable and is personal to North Country Storage Barns’ purchaser.
5. This limited warranty shall be void in the event that substantial work has been done by others including the owners on the item purchased. North Country Storage Barns shall not be responsible for correcting work or replacing materials which have been damaged or added as a result of someone else’s work on the product.
6. Customers of North Country Storage Barns may extend this warranty to two (2) years by the payment of an additional fee of $75.00 at the time or purchase.
7. Claims pursuant to this limited warranty must be filed within thirty (30) days of discovery of the alleged defect by contacting North Country Storage Barns at 32260 US Route 11 South., Philadelphia, New York 13673, (315) 642-0209. Customers must cooperate with North Country Storage Barns in completing all necessary forms and allowing access to the site to inspect and determine any problems and to make any necessary corrections.
8. North Country Storage Barns agrees to evaluate claims in a timely manner and to perform corrective work as soon as reasonably possible.
9. Excluded from this warranty are:
A. Any damage caused by acts of God including lightening, gale or gusts, hailstones, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, explosion, flood, fungus contamination, solid objects falling on the roof or any other causes except ordinary wear and tear by the elements.
B. Any damage caused by settlement, distortion or cracking of the foundation upon which the product is placed unless such foundation was installed by North Country Storage Barns.
C. Any damage if the product has been altered after initial installation whether any such alteration is by structural addition, changes or replacement.
D. Any costs incurred for repair or replacement not authorized in writing by North Country Storage Barns.
10. No action for breach of this limited warranty or any other action against North Country Storage Barns relating or arising out of the product purchased shall be brought later than one (1) year after any cause of action has accrued. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
11. Should any part of this warranty be found to be unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, it shall not affect the enforceability or validity of the remaining sections.
12. This limited warranty replaces any and all other oral or written warranties, liabilities or obligations of North Country Storage Barns. There are no other warranties which extend beyond the limited warranty described in this document.
Duratemp 50 year Limited Warranty
Duratemp Plywood Siding, when properly stored, installed and maintained carries a fifty year warranty. Roseburg Forest Products warrants that its Duratemp Plywood Siding will be free from manufacturing errors or defects in workmanship or materials in accordance with industry specifications. In order to assure our customers of the grade and quality, Duratemp Plywood Siding guarantees Duratemp Plywood Siding with a five year full replacement warranty (materials and labor) and an extended 45-year warranty on materials only.
5-Year Warranty (Materials and Labor)
Within five years of the date of original purchase, upon producing a copy of this warranty statement and proof of purchase the bearer shall be entitled to free replacement of any Duratemp Plywood Siding panels found to contain manufacturing errors or defects in workmanship or materials. The replacement siding will be either Duratemp or a comparable Roseburg Forest Product quality siding product.
45-Year Extended Warranty (Materials Only)
After the five year anniversary but within fifty years of the date of original purchase, upon producing a copy of this warranty statement and proof of purchase, the bearer shall be entitled to a discounted reimbursement for the replacement cost of materials (either Duratemp or any comparable RFPCo quality siding product) for any panels found to contain manufacturing errors or defects in workmanship or materials. After the five year anniversary, the reimbursement will be discounted by 2.22% of the replacement costs for each year through year fifty. This means RFPCo. will pay for the cost of the replacement panels less 2.22% for every year beyond year five. For example, in year six, RFPCo. will reimburse costs minus 2.22%; in year seven, RFPCo. will reimburse replacement costs minus 4.44% and so forth through year fifty.
Limitations and Conditions
This is a limited warranty. This warranty does not cover damage or defects that are the result of improper finishing. Furthermore, this warranty does not cover damage that occurs as a result of improper maintenance or neglect. This warranty applies only to the original Duratemp Plywood Siding or any Duratemp Siding used for replacement. The warranty does not apply to any replacement siding other than Duratemp Plywood Siding. RFPCo. reserves the right to inspect structures, or samples, of Duratemp Plywood Siding claimed defective under the warranty, in order to verify product identity and defect.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.
Our shingles are covered by a Limited Warranty; its Standard Wind Warranty covers up to 130 km/h ( 80 mph) and its High Wind Warranty covers up to 175 km/h (110 mph) (as per special application instructions). More information here.