North Country Storage Barns provides a limited warranty for materials and workmanship on the products which it sells.
The start for this limited warranty is the date of purchase or completion of installation, whichever is later.
1. This limited warranty shall extend for a period of one (1) year and shall warrant the workmanship and materials of the product purchased.
2. This limited warranty is limited to replacement of defective materials and correction of defective workmanship. It shall not include any incidental or consequential damages.
3. This limited warranty is in addition to any other manufacturers’ warranties as to component parts which shall be passed along to the purchaser.
4. This limited warranty is not transferable and is personal to North Country Storage Barns’ purchaser.
5. This limited warranty shall be void in the event that substantial work has been done by others including the owners on the item purchased. North Country Storage Barns shall not be responsible for correcting work or replacing materials which have been damaged or added as a result of someone else’s work on the product.
6. Claims pursuant to this limited warranty must be filed within thirty (30) days of discovery of the alleged defect by contacting North Country Storage Barns at 32260 US Route 11 South., Philadelphia, New York 13673, (315) 642-0209. Customers must cooperate with North Country Storage Barns in completing all necessary forms and allowing access to the site to inspect and determine any problems and to make any necessary corrections.
7. North Country Storage Barns agrees to evaluate claims in a timely manner and to perform corrective work as soon as reasonably possible.
8. Excluded from this warranty are:
A. Any damage caused by acts of God including lightening, gale or gusts, hailstones, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, explosion, flood, fungus contamination, solid objects falling on the roof or any other causes except ordinary wear and tear by the elements.
B. Any damage caused by settlement, distortion or cracking of the foundation upon which the product is placed unless such foundation was installed by North Country Storage Barns.
C. Any damage if the product has been altered after initial installation whether any such alteration is by structural addition, changes or replacement.
D. Any costs incurred for repair or replacement not authorized in writing by North Country Storage Barns.
9. No action for breach of this limited warranty or any other action against North Country Storage Barns relating or arising out of the product purchased shall be brought later than one (1) year after any cause of action has accrued.
10. Should any part of this warranty be found to be unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, it shall not affect the enforceability or validity of the remaining sections.
11. This limited warranty replaces any and all other oral or written warranties, liabilities or obligations of North Country Storage Barns. There are no other warranties which extend beyond the limited warranty described in this document.
12. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Limitations and Conditions
This is a limited warranty. This warranty does not cover damage or defects that are the result of improper finishing. Furthermore, this warranty does not cover damage that occurs as a result of improper maintenance or neglect. This warranty applies only to the original LP SmartSide or any siding used for replacement. The warranty does not apply to any replacement siding other than LP SmartSide. We reserve the right to inspect structures, or samples, of LP SmartSide claimed defective under the warranty, in order to verify product identity and defect.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.
Our shingles are covered by a Limited Warranty; its Standard Wind Warranty covers up to 130 km/h (80 mph) and its High Wind Warranty covers up to 175 km/h (110 mph) (as per special application instructions). More information here.
LP Smartside Warranty
1. Warranty Coverage–Limited 50-year Substrate Warranty Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (“LP”)’s warranty is made to the original purchaser of the Product(s) (“Purchaser”); the original owner of the structure on which the Product(s) are installed; and to the next owner of that structure (together “Owner”). LP’s express warranties may not be assigned to any subsequent owners of the structure. LP warrants that the Product(s) will remain free from: a) fungal degradation; b) buckling and c) cracking, peeling, separating, chipping, flaking or rupturing of the resin-impregnated surface overlay for a period of 50 years from the date application is completed, when the Product(s) has been stored, handled, applied, finished and maintained in accordance with LP’s application, finishing and maintenance instructions in effect at the time of application. LP smartside Precision Series 38 Series lap and panel siding product(s), LP smartside Precision Series 76 Series panel product(s), LP smartside Architectural Collection 120 Series lap product(s), LP smartside Foundations 76 Series lap product(s), LP smartside Foundations 120 Series panel product(s), LP smartside Foundations 120 Series Stucco and Reverse Board and Batten panel product(s) are warranted against buckling when installed up to 16 in. O.c. Stud spacing and when stored, transported, handled and maintained in accordance with applicable LP smartside Application Instructions. Buckling is defined as 1/4 in. Out of plane covering a distance no greater than 16 in. Between studs. Waviness due to misaligned framing, crooked or bowed studs, foundation or wall settling, or improper nailing is not considered buckling. This warranty does not cover performance OF 76 series foundations siding In Alaska, British Columbia, Hawaii, northern California north OF I-80 OR west OF The cascades In Washington, Oregon And California. LP smartside Precision Series 76 Series lap siding product(s) and LP smartside Precision Series 190 Series panel product(s) are warranted against buckling when installed up to 24 in. O.c. Stud spacing and when stored, transported, handled and maintained in accordance with applicable LP smartside Application Instructions. Buckling is defined as 3/8 in. Out of plane covering a distance no greater than 24 in. Between studs. Waviness due to misaligned framing, crooked or bowed studs, foundation or wall settling, or improper nailing is not considered buckling. LP further warrants that the Product(s) have been treated with the borate-based Smartguard® process during their manufacture to enhance their ability to resist structural damage due to termites and fungal decay.
2. Five-year Finish warranty lp Warrants the finish on its LP smartside Foundations 76 Series Prefinished Panel Siding against peeling, blistering, cracking, or erosion of the factory finish, except for reasonable fade from normal weathering, for a period of five years from the date of installation under normal conditions of use and exposure. If the finish fails, LP will at its option either pay the Owner 100% of the reasonable cost of refinishing the affected siding with one coat of paint or opaque stain, not to exceed twice the original purchase price of the siding, or provide uninstalled LP smartside Foundations Prefinished Siding as a replacement.
3. Remedies for Breach of Limited express Substrate warranty this section 3 provides The sole And exclusive Remedy available TO A purchaser OR owner OF A structure On which product(S) has Been applied. In the event of a breach of this Limited express Warranty (or of any implied warranty not otherwise disclaimed herein), LP will: a) during the first 5 years from the date of installation, pay an amount equal to the cost (as established by an independent construction cost estimator, such as R. S. Means) of repairing or replacing any Product(s) that fails to comply with the provisions of Paragraph 1, above, orb) during the 6th through the 49th years from the date of installation, pay an amount equal to the cost of similar wood based replacement product, (no labor or other charges shall be paid) less an annual pro rata reduction of 2.22% per year (6th year, 2.22%; 7th year, 4.44%, etc.) Such that from and after the 50th year the amount payable under this warranty will be zero. Any dispute concerning the applicability of the warranty or whether the Product(s) met the manufacturer’s standards in accordance with Paragraph 1 shall be submitted to binding arbitration under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The jurisdiction of the arbitrator over the dispute shall be exclusive and the decision of the arbitrator shall be binding and non-appealable.
4. Exclusion of Other remedies in no event WILL LP Be liable FOR Any incidental, special, multiple, punitive, indirect OR consequential damages resulting from Any defect In The product(S) supplied, including, BUT not limited TO, damage TO property OR LOST PROFITS. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
5. Exclusion of All Other Warranties, express or implied a. This limited express warranty IS The only warranty applicable TO this product(S) And excludes ALL other express OR implied warranties, including Any implied warranty OF merchantability OR fitness FOR A PARTICULAR purpose, OR Any warranties otherwise arising from The course OF dealing OR usage OF trade OR advertising, except where such warranties arise under applicable consumer product warranty LAWS, And cannot Be lawfully disclaimed, In which event such warranties are limited TO The maximum extent permitted By such LAWS. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you. B. No other express warranty has been made OR WILL Be made On behalf OF LP with respect TO these products(S).
6. Certain damages excluded from Warranty coverage this Limited express Warranty does not cover or provide a remedy for damage that results from: a) misuse or improper storage, handling, application, finishing or maintenance; alterations to the structure after the original application of the Product(s); acts of god, such as hurricane, tornado, hail, earthquake, flood or other similar cause beyond the control of LP; design, application or construction of the wall system on which the Product(s) is applied; transport, storage or handling of the Product(s) prior to application; b) product(s) that is not applied, finished and maintained in strict accordance with LP’s instructions in effect at the time of original application; c) swelling and/or edge checking. Such swelling and/or checking normally occurs in all wood products as they expand and contract in response to changes in climactic conditions; d) termite damage which does not affect the structural integrity of the Product(s); ore) design, application or construction of the structure on which the Product(s) are installed.
7. Responsibility of Purchaser or owner compliance with each OF The requirements set OUT below In sections (a) And (b) inclusive IS A condition TO LP’S obligations under this warranty And The failure TO comply with Any One OR more OF The items shall void Any rights owner And purchaser may have against LP: a) homeowners are required to register their home for warranty coverage within 60 days of installation. Warranty Registration is easy and can be accomplished in any one of three ways: 1) mail-in Registration Cards in the units; 2) Link to LP public web site home page; 3) Phone call to customer service at 800-450-6106 requesting Registration Cards. Second home owner will be required to provide evidence of chain of ownership of home, ie; deed Transfer. b) Any Purchaser or Owner seeking remedies under this warranty must notify LP, at the number listed below, within 90 days after discovering a possible nonconformity of the Product(s), and before beginning any permanent repair. This notice should include the date on which the Product(s) application was completed. It is the Owner’s responsibility to establish the date of installation. c) LP must be given a 90-day opportunity to inspect the siding. Upon reasonable notice, the Purchaser or Owner must allow LP’s agents to enter the property and structure on which the Product(s) is applied to inspect such Product(s).8. Governing law all questions concerning the meaning or applicability of this limited warranty are to be decided under the laws of the State of Tennessee without reference to its choice-of-law rules. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. For further information, please call Customer Support at 800.450.6106, or write to: LP Corporation, 414 Union Street Suite 2000, Nashville, TN 37219